William and Mary alumni are always asking us how they can help their alma mater, even if they live far from campus. There are, in fact many, many ways in which you can help make William and Mary stronger and advance the mission of the College.
Please take a minute to look over our list. You can make a big difference to William and Mary today.
1. Attend a William and Mary chapter event in your area.
2. Hire a William and Mary student for a summer internship position.
3. Wear your William and Mary class ring with Tribe Pride.
4. Read the William and Mary Alumni Magazine from cover to cover.
5. Attend signature Alumni Association events such as Homecoming and the New York Auction.
6. Visit campus and take the official College tour.
7. Make an annual gift to the College. Every gift helps.
8. Hire a William and Mary graduate for a permanent position.
9. Talk to prospective high school students about attending the College and encourage them to visit campus.
10. Sign up for a lifetime William and Mary e-mail address and become a member of our online community.
11. Travel the world with fellow alumni by participating in the Alumni Association's Alumni Journeys program.
12. Nominate a deserving alumnus for a position on the Alumni Association's Board of Directors.
13. Support William and Mary athletics.
14. Wear William and Mary clothing at work and at home and display your William and Mary diploma at your office with pride.
15. Subscribe to the Alumni Association's monthly electronic newsletter, the eConnection.
16. Make sure that your local high school and guidance counselors promote William and Mary to prospective students.
17. Participate in Muscarelle Museum of Art events.
18. Encourage your alumni friends to keep their records up-to-date.
19. Help identify potential College donors for naming opportunities and scholarships.
20. If you live in Virginia, purchase a William and Mary license plate.
21. Remember William and Mary in your will and estate plan.
22. Submit your news to your class reporter for publication in the Alumni Magazine and encourage your classmates to do the same.
23. Make the Alumni Association your homepage: www.wmalumni.com.
24. Buy an engraved brick and leave your permanent mark at the Alumni House (and, it's tax deductible.)
25. Contact a former professor to thank him/her for teaching and mentoring.